Another week has come and gone. This weekend British Summer Time (daylight savings) has come to an end, so darkness will fall at 4:30pm. At least we have a little more light in the mornings for a few more weeks.
This weekend we carved pumpkins... pictures coming soon. Tonight the kids are trick-or-treating with our AWF friends before a Halloween party at a friends house.
For the next several weeks, Darren will be gone on Thursdays evenings, so I decided to make it a kid's cooking night. Last week the mac n cheese was a huge success. The kids are so excited and were more capable than I had at first thought. I'm looking forward to cooking dinners with them ... not to mention that they love eating food that they made themselves. This week we are making fish cakes, inspired by 'I can cook' on (a TV show they have recently been enjoying).
Well, here is the menu for the week.
- Monday -- Halloween Party with hotdogs and soup
- Tuesday -- Greek Chicken Pitas with tzatziki
- Wednesday -- Crock Pot Rotisserie-Style Chicken
- Thursday -- Magic Mini Fish Cakes
- Friday -- Date Night
- Saturday -- Chili and Hotdogs (Guy Fawkes Night)