Another week gone.... This week the kids have been home from school on the October holidays. I recently heard that this two week break dates back to the potato harvests when the kids needed to be home to help dig up the potatoes.
Joshua, Abigail and I have had fun together this last week. It is fully Autumn here and we have enjoyed the changing colors and cool evenings, though we have appreciated the mostly sunny days.
We had some great craft times this week, mostly with friends and their brave mothers. We made leaf collages for the window and of coarse, leaf rubbings.We also made finger-print corns, though the little kids turned it into full-on finger painting, and Joshua used up all the extra paint painting a train and a fire station.
I am struggling with my menu planning. I'm bored with all our usuals, but having trouble finding the energy to try new recipe. What do you do when you to freshen up your meal plan?
Well, here is the menu for the week.
- Monday -- Pasta Tortelloni
- Tuesday -- Crock Pot Rotisserie-Style Chicken
- Wednesday -- Beef Noodle Stir-fry - new recipe
- Thursday -- Date Night
- Friday -- Broiled Cod Parmesan
- Saturday -- Bubble and Squeak - (a traditional English dish) I'm trying a new recipe
- Sunday -- BBQ Pork Sandwiches