This is a wonderfully creamy, garlic sauce over linguine and prawns. I tweaked a few different recipes to fit our tastes and to use ingredients we already had on hand.
- 175g linguine (2 servings)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche (can use reduced-fat, or thick double cream)
- juice 1/2 lemon (1 to 1.5 tbsp)
- 180g prawns
- 3 green onion, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the garlic for 2 minutes
- Lower the heat and stir in the crème fraîche and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 1 min to reduce a little, then add the prawns and simmer in the sauce until just heated.
- Drain the pasta and tip into the sauce with half the onions. Use tongs to mix everything together.
- Serve hot. Sprinkle with the remaining onions.