Last week we really enjoyed the Crockpot Tamale Pie. I added leftover roast chicken to the recipe. It seemed a little dry, though; I might have overcooked it, or the shredded chicken may have absorbed all the moisture. Maybe another can of tomatoes would be better. I also forgot how much stronger my chilli powder is here (and yes, they do spell 'chilli' with two 'L's here), so it was a little too spicy for the kids, though they enjoyed the cornbread crust.
We have a few repeats from last week. This weekend we were sightseeing the entire time and had dinner out most evenings.
Here is the menu for this week!
- Monday -- Nachos
- Tuesday -- Salmon Fishcakes & Chips
- Wednesday -- Crockpot Beef Roast and veggies
- Thursday -- Chinese Chicken and Cabbage
- Friday -- Albondigas (Spanish Meatballs) - new recipe, from Morrison's magazine
- Saturday -- Loosemeat Sandwiches
- Sunday -- left overs