This week I think I finally tweaked this banana bread recipe to my satisfaction. I thought I'd share it with you. Sorry, no yummy, tempting pictures...
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 1 hour (bread), 20 min (muffins)
Servings: 1 loaf and 6 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oatmeal (I use Scottish Oatmeal)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (about 180 C)
- Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan and 6 muffin cups
- Soak the oatmeal in the milk for up to an hour to soften whole oats (you may need more milk for whole oats)
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs, bananas and vanilla until well mixes. Stir in oats and milk. Combine banana mixture and flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into loaf pan, and a few muffins cups.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes (20 for muffins) - use a toothpick to check if it is done
- Let bread cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Due: January 3, 2006
Joshua Oliver Sumner Born December 5, 2005 9:32 p.m.
Click to enlarge We spent the weekend at our new home cleaning and imagining what we wanted to do with each room. Our new house has a wonde...
Due: January 15, 2008
Announcing the birth of ABIGAIL ANNE SUMNER 5 pounds 15 ounces 19 inches long January 5, 2008 at 7:50 a.m. Mom and baby are both doi...
... And what a week it's been! Joshua is doing great, and is now above his birth weight. He is eating more and more, and learning those ...
Let the guessing begin! Only two or three people have been told our almost-decided baby names, and they have been sworn to secrecy on penal...