This week I think I finally tweaked this banana bread recipe to my satisfaction. I thought I'd share it with you. Sorry, no yummy, tempting pictures...
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 1 hour (bread), 20 min (muffins)
Servings: 1 loaf and 6 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oatmeal (I use Scottish Oatmeal)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (about 180 C)
- Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan and 6 muffin cups
- Soak the oatmeal in the milk for up to an hour to soften whole oats (you may need more milk for whole oats)
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs, bananas and vanilla until well mixes. Stir in oats and milk. Combine banana mixture and flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into loaf pan, and a few muffins cups.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes (20 for muffins) - use a toothpick to check if it is done
- Let bread cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
I am finally publishing one of my favorite soup recipes. This is fast and easy. I often just throw it in the crock pot when I need a qui...
Happy Birthday, my sweet little girl! How have six years passed since that crazy, Saturday morning where we barely made it to the hospit...
Announcing the birth of ABIGAIL ANNE SUMNER 5 pounds 15 ounces 19 inches long January 5, 2008 at 7:50 a.m. Mom and baby are both doi...
Micah turns one year old today! Can it really have been a year since we welcomed Micah into our family? I remember so vividly that night...
This has been a rough week. I have been fighting a cold that has turned into a very painful sinus infection. After a few days on antibiot...
Yes, my little baby Micah is 11 months old today! Where has the time gone? This has been a huge month of development and growth. Here ar...
That's right ... eight years ago, I became a mother and first met my little boy. I can hardly believe Joshua is turning eight years old ...