This week I think I finally tweaked this banana bread recipe to my satisfaction. I thought I'd share it with you. Sorry, no yummy, tempting pictures...
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 1 hour (bread), 20 min (muffins)
Servings: 1 loaf and 6 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oatmeal (I use Scottish Oatmeal)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (about 180 C)
- Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan and 6 muffin cups
- Soak the oatmeal in the milk for up to an hour to soften whole oats (you may need more milk for whole oats)
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs, bananas and vanilla until well mixes. Stir in oats and milk. Combine banana mixture and flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into loaf pan, and a few muffins cups.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes (20 for muffins) - use a toothpick to check if it is done
- Let bread cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
I am finally publishing one of my favorite soup recipes. This is fast and easy. I often just throw it in the crock pot when I need a qui...
Seven years ago today I held my little 4 pound baby for the first time. As I looked at his sweet face, I felt I recognized him somehow, I kn...
Happy Birthday, my sweet little girl! How have six years passed since that crazy, Saturday morning where we barely made it to the hospit...
Sweet little Abigail is getting so big. She has grown so much in the last few months. I interviewed her shortly after she turned two, but ...
... And what a week it's been! Joshua is doing great, and is now above his birth weight. He is eating more and more, and learning those ...
My little Joshua is growing so quickly. He is already four-years-old and learning so much all the time. Here is an interview I conducted a...
That's right ... eight years ago, I became a mother and first met my little boy. I can hardly believe Joshua is turning eight years old ...