This week I think I finally tweaked this banana bread recipe to my satisfaction. I thought I'd share it with you. Sorry, no yummy, tempting pictures...
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 1 hour (bread), 20 min (muffins)
Servings: 1 loaf and 6 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oatmeal (I use Scottish Oatmeal)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (about 180 C)
- Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan and 6 muffin cups
- Soak the oatmeal in the milk for up to an hour to soften whole oats (you may need more milk for whole oats)
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs, bananas and vanilla until well mixes. Stir in oats and milk. Combine banana mixture and flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into loaf pan, and a few muffins cups.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes (20 for muffins) - use a toothpick to check if it is done
- Let bread cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
I am finally publishing one of my favorite soup recipes. This is fast and easy. I often just throw it in the crock pot when I need a qui...
Micah turned 10 weeks old yesterday! I am amazed at how quickly the time has gone. Here is a picture of him prepared for a crisp autumn morn...
This week we tried the Albondigas (Spanish Meatballs) recipe from the Morrison's July magazine. I served the meatballs with Mexican Ri...
Saturday was Doors Open Day in the city of Aberdeen, where you can explore places that are normally closed to the public. As part of this c...
Happy Birthday, my sweet little girl! How have six years passed since that crazy, Saturday morning where we barely made it to the hospit...
Last Saturday dawned rather wet and cloudy, but we only had our rental car for 3 days and we were going to make the most of it, rain or shin...
We headed out to Drum Castle this weekend for a little family adventure. It is only about 10 miles outside of Aberdeen, and the bus route r...