This week I think I finally tweaked this banana bread recipe to my satisfaction. I thought I'd share it with you. Sorry, no yummy, tempting pictures...
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 1 hour (bread), 20 min (muffins)
Servings: 1 loaf and 6 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oatmeal (I use Scottish Oatmeal)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 bananas)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (about 180 C)
- Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan and 6 muffin cups
- Soak the oatmeal in the milk for up to an hour to soften whole oats (you may need more milk for whole oats)
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs, bananas and vanilla until well mixes. Stir in oats and milk. Combine banana mixture and flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into loaf pan, and a few muffins cups.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes (20 for muffins) - use a toothpick to check if it is done
- Let bread cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Happy Birthday, my sweet little girl! How have six years passed since that crazy, Saturday morning where we barely made it to the hospit...
I am finally publishing one of my favorite soup recipes. This is fast and easy. I often just throw it in the crock pot when I need a qui...
Happy Valentine's Day! This morning for breakfast, we are going to enjoy these Strawberry Banana Crepes . And then we are going to a fr...
The kids return to school today.They are both so excited. I'm a little sad to have Joshua gone all day again, but am looking forward to...
This week, I tried my last time with the Pizza Crust and the Beef & Broccoli (Asian dish) recipes. We just did not enjoy them. I have...
There was no work toward the yard sale today, but I did work on something else! Baby Books! When we had our son, we were given a baby book ...
Micah turns one year old today! Can it really have been a year since we welcomed Micah into our family? I remember so vividly that night...