A few weeks ago I accidentally ordered a tin (can) of chicken in savory white sauce. I have been wondering what to do with it. Last week I discovered I could use it in a quick, easy pasta dish that the kids love. I cooked some whole wheat pasta and threw in some peas to cook with it. After draining the pea-pasta combination, I dumped in this can of chicken and white sauce, and served it to the kids. A little grated cheese on top and they thought it was the best thing ever. They have asked for it several times since. Wonderful! Faster than macaroni, and a little better for them.
Now to this week's menu...
Menu for this week:
- Monday -- Crock Pot Rotisserie Style Chicken
- Tuesday -- 'Beef' and Broccoli - last time I made this Asian dish, I couldn't bring myself to buy the expensive beef; instead I made it with sliced turkey steaks. It turned out really good, so we are trying it again this time.
- Wednesday -- Japanese Chicken and Japanese Salad from Miss Mommy (she always makes amazing food!)
- Thursday -- Chicken Enchiladas
- Friday -- Chinese Chicken & Cabbage
- Saturday -- Jacket Potatoes (baked potatoes) with broccoli and cheese
- Sunday -- Pesto Tortelloni with broccoli and mushrooms