My biggest success last week was the beef roast. The last time I made a roast here, it was not very tasty. But this time it was wonderful! I strongly recommend this Roast Beef recipe from A Year of Slow Cooking. I had to adjust the recipe for a smaller amount of beef, but it turned out really good. And it made wonderful hot sandwiches later in the week. The remaining leftovers I used in the chili on Sunday.
We were still recovering from being sick (for two weeks), so some of our meals got bumped again because of low energy and loss of appetite.
Menu for this week:
- Monday -- Chili and Cornbread
- Tuesday -- Loosemeat Sandwiches - thanks Emily for the recipe
- Wednesday -- Chinese Chicken & Cabbage
- Thursday -- Chinese-Style Stir Fry - I'm trying a new recipe from a magazine.
- Friday -- Hash-Brown Quiche
- Saturday -- Jacket Potatoes with broccoli and cheese
- Sunday -- Thai or Indian Curry