Our first week back on menu planning went fairly well. We found some good substitutes for a few items in our favorite recipes. I'm looking forward to exploring the grocery stores here in Scotland for all the interesting new things we can add to our meals.
We still don't have our new refrigerator yet (the one in our flat is broken). They are now telling us it will be here by Thursday. This tiny icebox just doesn't hold very much. And with the grocery store about a mile away (walking with two toddlers), I can't go shopping every day for refrigerated ingredients.
Here is what I am going to try for this week:
Menu for this week:
- Monday -- Baked Potatoes - or jacket potatoes, as they call them here. They love to put all sorts of things inside a baked potato; meat, cheese, veggies, etc.
- Tuesday -- Mediterranean Chicken Pasta
- Wednesday -- BBQ Pork Sandwiches
- Thursday -- Shepherd's Pie
- Friday -- Homemade Pizza
- Saturday -- Taco Bar
- Sunday -- Yellow Thai Curry
Check out more menu plan's at Organizing Junkie.