We have been in our new flat in Aberdeen, Scotland for just over a week. I am desperate to establish routine and order in our lives, and decided meal planning was a good place to start.
There are a few challenges to my menu planning this week. We are in a foreign country where things are just different enough that I am not sure what products I can still find.
We also don't have our new refrigerator yet; instead we have a tiny little "icebox" that have very little room for anything.
Lastly, we have no car (and two toddlers), so every trip to the store I can only buy what I can carry back in our double stroller. I am amazed at how warm I stay, even in the wind, when I am pushing 130+ pounds up a hill in a stroller (oops, "buggy", I should say, or "push chair" or "pram").
Here is what I am going to try for this week:
Menu for this week:
- Monday -- Beef and Broccoli - we are going to try a new Oyster and Onion sauce we found here.
- Tuesday -- Josh Rogan - they have so much great Indian food here. This is an Indian curry that we have not tried yet.
- Wednesday -- Chinese Chicken & Cabbage - I have not yet confirmed that all these ingredients are available here. I wonder what substitutes I can find?
- Thursday -- Spaghetti
- Friday -- Nachos
- Saturday -- Baked Potato Bar
- Sunday -- Turkey Lentil Soup
Check out more menu plan's at Organizing Junkie.