Organized Everyday is hosting a new carnival called Blitz-it Friday. We are on week three! If you have no idea what a blitz is, read here: the original one hour blitz and staying focused.
What at great blitzing week for me!
I did an hour-long blitz on Sunday because my husband was coming home late that night and I wanted the house to reflect how excited we were for his return. (Nothing like a horrid mess to make someone sorry they came back from a pristine hotel, with daily maid service).
This was the first blitz where I deliberately got my children (son, age 3 and daughter, age 1) involved. It slowed me down, but was worth it. They had so much fun helping me, and were so proud of their own accomplishments.
I actually remembered to snap a few pictures before we started ...
... and after.
- Unloaded the dishwasher - my son loves to put away all his and his sister's dishes.
- Reloaded and ran the dishwasher
- Hand-washed pan and misc. dishes
- Cleared off the kitchen table
- Put away all the living room clutter
- Picked up and put away all the toys - this was mostly done by my son and daughter, though I think my daughter only picked up a few plastic eggs and put them in a bucket (we went to an Egg Hunt this weekend).
- Vacuumed the living room, play area, hallway and kid's room.
- Swept the kitchen, dining room, living room and bathroom